This is the Autocard machine which I invented jointly with a friend of mine in Italy. It is a vending machine/kiosk that vends business cards to the general public on the go. It has been designed with a rugged case, two printing devices for reducing the chance of downtime due to printer failure, and many other features. I operated these in Las Vegas for two years before selling the route to my partner. Here is the Patent information on the machine.
If you want more informations on what a kiosk is click here.
View of the Autocard, Click for full image.
- Custom programmable operator functions.
- Complete machine accounting and vend statistics.
- Operator insertable ticket advertisment displayed with every vend.
- Individual programmable machine identification number.
- All of the above information stored in non-volatile memory of course!.
- Paper and Ink supply lasts for approx 10,000 cards or 5000 double size cards.
- Bill validator accepts 5 different denominations 1,5,10,20, and $100.
- Updateable card styles on request.
- Receipts dispensed to customer after each vend.
- Speech guided prompting allows for easy customer use!
- Dual printing mechanism, if one printer fails the other takes on the workload!
- High resolution color monitor allows WYSE graphics.
- Speech capability for audible instructions allows increased customer ease of use!
- High resolution ink jet printers offer a print resolution of 360 DPI.
- Front door opening allows operator easy access to machine internals.
- Internal assembly easily removes as one unit to aid in moving and repairs.
- Two rear wheels and handles on the back of the cabinet make this machine easy to move.
- Foreign language support. Keyboard currently supports English, Spanish, French, German and Italian.
- Field tested G486 computer with program stored in ROM and not floppy or hard disk for added durability.
Programmable Operator FunctionsThe operator can program the date, time, price and number of tickets per vend, machine identification number and custom ticket advertisement.
Machine AccountingThe machine accounting keeps track of total money received, total money received since last accounting dump, date of last accounting dump, machine settings and ID number. It also keeps statistics on the number of vends for each style card so operator can determine the most popular styles.
Size and Power SpecificationsWEIGHT: 230Lbs. (100 Kg.)
HEIGHT: 6' 3.6" (192 cm.)
WIDTH: 2' 3.5" (70 cm.)
DEPTH: 1' 7.7" (50 cm.)
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 120V AC @ 4 Amps.
You are visitor
Last Update: Jan 12, 1997. Copyright 2006 Bitstream Technologies, Inc.For information write: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back To Home Page.